Saturday, February 28, 2009

Its Senior Night!

Its the last home game for my fellow seniors at Oakland University. The 3 seniors are Erik Kangas, Dan Waterstradt, and former walk-on Ricky Bieszki. Ricky will be making his first, and last career start tonight. Ricky has not played much in his Oakland Career but I've heard from multiple sources that he is a great teammate and a great practice player. This is rare in today's society. I'm sure he is more important to the team than we think. I really hope these seniors are going to graduate and do great things in their life. I fully expect Kangas to end up playing overseas for a few years. Who knows maybe the NBA one day?

Oakland is not going to Win the regular season crown, in fact they locked up the number 3 seed going into the conference tournament. However, they still have a lot to play for in this last regular season game. Currently Oakland has 19 wins, tied for most in D1 history, if they win today they will get win number 20, first time ever in D1 history. And maybe just maybe a lock to get into a postseason tournament if we fail to make the NCAA. Oakland has yet to lose at home this season. If they win tonight, it will be the first time Oakland has ever in its history finish undefeated at home. So yeah, Oakland has something to play for tonight. Not to mention they have won 6 straight games, and is undefeated in the month of February. We are the hottest team in the Summit League, and peaking at the right time. We are a very dangerous team, and I expect us to make it to the NCAA tournament again. So everyone come out and support our Golden Grizzlies! Today 6 PM at the O'rena!

QUICK THOUGHTS

The Pistons finally won a game! I am still in shock that they managed to beat Orlando. However, I still think it wont be enough, and Pistons will be on the outside looking in, once the playoffs start. Oh, if I were Joe D, I'd cut Rasheed Wallace. He is nothing but a cancer and has no value to the team now.

Dontrelle Willis made is spring debut yesterday against the Blue Jays. The results? Not pretty, the same old Willis as last year. However is defense did make an error behind him so only 2 out of the 4 runs were earned. I wont take to much stock into this game, but I expected better things out of Willis this year, hopefully he can become the pitcher he once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment